043: Selling the Public Sector with Patri Founder Josh Ellars
Throughout this season of SalesFounders, we have covered many themes that exemplify winning startups: Leveraging domain expertise, validated learning, mentorship, and strategic sales growth. Josh Ellars, founder of Patri, embodies all of them. His startup story is a case-study in how each of these components blend together to create a powerful growth trajectory. Josh believes that every founder needs critical feedback and an openness to adaptation. On this episode Josh explains how he has leveraged 10 years of public sector sales expertise, 10,000 linkedIn connections, a powerhouse advisory board, and a lean methodology to bootstrap a solution that is will forever change the way companies sell to the public sector.
ON THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS:
- Challenges selling in the public sector
- Positioning your career around a niche
- Applying the lean startup methodology for feedback driven innovation
- Why LinkedIn is an ideal source for validation and leads
- Building an advisory board – How to surround yourself with the right team
- The pro’s and con’s of an automated sales process
- The challenges of running a consulting service and SaaS company simultaneously
- Surrounding yourself with critical feedback and why you should never be married to your ideas
Josh founded Patri to help companies maximize revenue from public sector and international markets. He is a proven leader in building high-growth new market teams and driving revenue acceleration.
Over the past nine years, he has launched new public sector businesses and led cross-functional sales teams for leading technology companies, including Metalogix, Qualtrics and Decision Lens.
M.B.A., Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business.
B.A., Brigham Young University. Spanish major and Family Life minor.
LINKS MENTIONED DURING THE SHOW